Wednesday, October 22, 2008

birthday: english style

Okay, it wasn't really English style, but I liked the title so I went with it anyway. Yippee, I'm thirty-three!

Here's how the day, Saturday the 18th, went:
*fun writing workshop for three hours in the morning. Yah! In the class are two Americans, two women from Poland, a woman from Russia, a woman from Australia, a guy from South Africa, and one born and bred Brit.
*a birthday phone call from my dad
*birthday lunch with Jarrod and Beth, below. More on that story later.
*hanging out at a Nero's coffeehouse working on a project and interrupted by another birthday phone call from a friend from home
*a movie (How to Lose Friends and Alienate People; perfect film to watch in Britain) with Beth and Tim
*review of the day: a really nice British birthday was had by all, or at least by me



Yes, that's Angelina Jolie trying to kiss Tim. Lucky him.


The aforementioned (in another post) Ikea pillow that just pulled all the colors in my room together into one cheery greeting.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to hear it was a good birthday and that you're officially a resident Brit! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE that pillow too!

And I've got that cold thing going on too. I guess it doesn't matter where you live!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kami you keep me laughing. I can sooo see the delight that the pillow has made. And your b-day sounds like a wonderful day. I am glad you are settling in very well!Tina