Tuesday, April 12, 2016

the balkans live on!

Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina


At long last, the account of the Most Excellent Balkans Road Trip has gained more airtime courtesy of the most excellent folks over at Blue Dot. Check out the article, and while you're at it, sign up for their email list to have each weekly article delivered right to your inbox. No websurfing needed!


Exploring the Balkans the Accidental Way


"...Following a road-trip pit-stop along the route through Montenegro, as we reclaimed the highway, my eyes drooped into an unable-to-be-fought post-lunch siesta. But I was soon awakened by the click, click, click of my friend Olivier’s camera. I dredged my eyes open to find out what had attracted his lens.
As they focused, my eyes found before them a natural marvel that the word magnifique was created to describe: a long, sunlit bay ringed by picturesque villages that were squeezed between the calm water and the steep, rocky, scrub-brush-covered mountains that plunged down to meet it.
What was this beautiful place?..."

No comments: