Monday, March 6, 2017

#broken - lent 2017, day 5


I was at the home of expat acquaintances living in France and found their bathroom décor endearing.
Thus, the photo.

They'd framed the plane-ticket-as-excess-baggage papers for a beloved dog who had traveled with them.
How cute.

And then I proceeded--somehow (not the first time I've been klutzy Kami) while changing
into a swimsuit--to knock this adorableness onto the ground.
Tile floor met glass.
Shattered.

I confessed, asked for a broom, cleaned it up. But I never offered to replace the destroyed frame.
I should have.
Faux pas #2.

Faux pas #3 is that such faux pas still hang in my guilt-box longer than they should.
Shake it off.

Broken happens in many forms.


Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God,
you will not despise.


No comments: