Thursday, July 24, 2008

internet mostly out

Hey, all--
Just trying to let you know that the internet is barely working here right now. Something to do with the provider switching from one satelite to a different one and the new one doesn't reach Haiti as well. The problem isn't likely to be fixed before I leave on Saturday, so I probably won't get to add any new entries until I get back. You'll just have to check back next week for more photos and updates. Also, my email communication is very limited and hit or miss right now too. My flight leaves Haiti around 9:30 am on Saturday. I'm currently scheduled to get back to Nashville around 10:45 Saturday night, but I'm going to try to hop an earlier flight so I can make it to the wedding of some friends that evening.


Some highlights you can look forward to when I can ever post again...market day last Saturday; going Haitian and having my hair braided (very painful!!), which I may or may keep for a few days after my return to Nashville; and tomorrow I'm supposed to go with Michael and Karen's Haitian-American friend Jack on a tap-tap (the public transportation here) and see some of the sites of Port-au-Prince (national palace, cathedral, some museums, etc.). Tonight I'll share a few thoughts with the MAF team during their staff meeting and meet with the son of one of the missionaries. The son is a recently graduated aspiring film guy. We'll talk creative shop.

This week I've mostly been writing, writing, writing. All total I've got at least 10 assignments to do from my time here, plus a couple other less formal things to write up for Karen and Michael. I've finished 6 of the 10 assignments and am hoping to get at least 2 more finished before I leave.

--Kami

No comments: