Tuesday, June 26, 2007

myth buster 101

As I've been working at support raising, I'm learning that sometimes folks feel like they have to be able to give a large gift in order for it to be worth their giving anything at all.

But, did you know that if everyone who knows about this Africa missions trip were to give just $10-$20, I would easily meet my support raising goal?! Isn't that amazing?!

That that could be all it takes, just $10-$20 as part of a team effort, and together the team can get me to Africa and back! So, I just wanted to make sure you all know that I appreciate gifts of any size. All support gifts make a difference. I know what it's like to live on a tight budget, and I'm a notorious $10 support gift giver. But, even that $10 connects me to the work God's doing through my friends.

My first big support raising deadline is approaching very quickly. I need to raise $879 more by July 1. Please pray with me that that amount will be in my hands or New Hope's hands by this coming Sunday morning. After that, I'll need to raise or have commitments for about $4000 more before I leave on July 27. Thanks so much to all of you who've prayed and given to get me this far along in support raising!

To recap an earlier post that's now buried:

If you'd like to join my financial support team, you can do that by submitting contributions to New Hope International Ministries, One Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390, with a note that the amount is for me. (The support raising address is also always posted on the right of this blog.) If you'd rather, you can also send contributions to me at P.O. Box 128103, Nashville, TN 37212, and I can turn them in.

If you'd like to receive email updates during this support raising phase and also once I get to Africa, email me at khakiface(at)yahoo(dot)com or leave a comment here and I'll add you to the list.

Thanks!! Enjoy this last week of June!

No comments: